Blizzard Has Started Rolling Out its Major Battle.net App Update
For the first time in years, Blizzard is finally making some big changes to the Battle.net launcher. While the update has been in beta testing for a while now, it’s finally ready for its full release, the it’s begun rolling out to parts of North America.
Here’s what you can expect from the new update:
- Improved navigation and layout—you can now favorite your games and arrange them for ease of access
- A much more expansive layout for news and game content in full-page view
- A revamped social pane so you can better see your friends and what they’re up to on each game tab
- Major accessibility improvements—we’ve added the ability to navigate most of the app with your keyboard, increased our screen reader support, and improved the color contrast
- A new, consolidated notifications hub for messages and download status
The main goal of the update is to ensure that users have a much smoother and easier time navigating through the interface, and Blizzard promises that they’ll continue to improve and iterate upon the launcher changes going forward.