West Ham have been offered the chance to sign Phillipe Coutinho

West Ham United, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Leicester City have been offered the chance to sign Brazilian attacking midfielder Phillipe Coutinho from Barcelona this summer.

According to reports from The Sunday Mirror (printed edition), Coutinho has been offered to three aforementioned Premier League clubs in a cut-price arrangement.

The 29-year-old enjoyed his best football at Liverpool, but his career took a massive nose-dive since moving to Barcelona for a reported fee of £130 million.

He has failed to make an impact at the Catalan club, and Barcelona are desperate to offload him this summer.

The La Liga giants are struggling with their finances, and they want to get rid of Coutinho, and his massive wages.

The report claims that Coutinho’s agent – Kia Joorabchian – have spoken to three Premier League clubs about signing the Brazilian.

Any potential deal will involve a loan move this season with an obligation to pay at least 60 per cent of his £7.7million-a-year wages, with Barcelona funding the other 40 per cent.

Barcelona want Coutinho’s future to be sorted out quickly and they want an answer from the aforementioned clubs by Friday.

Senior players at the club like Gerard Pique, Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba have all taken massive pay-cuts to accommodate players like Memphis Depay, Eric Garcia and strike Rey Manaj.

It is absolutely crucial for Barcelona to get rid of Coutinho.

West Ham could be an attractive option for the Brazilian. He is still a world-class player, and has a wealth of Premier League experience.

At 29, he still got plenty of football left in him. Signing him on loan, and on a cut-price agreement is a gamble worth taking. The same applies to both Wolves and Leicester as well.

Leave comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *.